"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God." 1 John 4:7 (NIV)

Saturday, February 6, 2010

More about Ghana

Yesterday was court day. Matt has to go back Monday, so pray that she gives a full adoption decree. She only wanted the men to come back, so I do not have to go nor the kids. That is good, since it was a small hot space and a 2 1/2 hour wait. The bathrooms by the court were an adventure. You have to pay to use them-more if you need newspaper to wipe. I brought TP, but still had to pay the 20 peswas(20 cents) per person. It was a long walk, too. After court we went back to Beacon House. The driving is interesting- only street signs and lights in the main city, so everywhere else you honk to let cars know you are there. It can be one crazy traffic jam. People sell stuff on the street while you are in your car. They run up between lanes of traffic selling fruit, DVDs, cell phones and minute cards, whatever! We needed an adapter plug and actually got one from a guy selling them running between car lanes! It is very hot and humid, we are close to the equator. Our hotel room has air, but not the hotel or Beacon House. We visited with the kids at Beacon House in the afternoon, they love people. All of the kids will just hop in your lap, hug you or hold your hand. Their are about 35 kids between 2 months and 14 years. Lamisi and Linda are coming to swim at the hotel today. It is nice to be able to walk to BH from our hotel. More to come, we have to type on Matt's phone and we are having trouble with pictures, but will keep trying to send. Love to you all.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,

    I have faith that all will go well for you. Thank you for keeping us posted, I check every day, several times! I love you and miss you tons! Goob

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I'm so glad to see pictures! The children are absolutely precious. I will pray Monday will go smoothly.
    The fort is holding up well and Lonnie is doing great, though he likes to play chase when I try to get him into the house and I'm in a rush to leave :) He's been a great running buddy. It snowed here a bit so it's been fun watching him play. I also bought a truck on Saturday, so Kirk and Mikki helped me with Lonnie while I was away. I can't wait to hear more about your stay!

    ReplyDelete